Did you know that certain types of chocolate are very toxic to dogs? The chemical causing toxicity in chocolate is theobromine (a relative of caffeine). The darker, more brittle and more concentrated the chocolate is, the more dangerous it is. It can affect many different body systems including the gastrointestinal, nervous, respiratory and cardiovascular. If your dog eats anything containing chocolate please call the clinic immediately and provide us with the type of chocolate and the amount ingested. We will then use the weight of your dog to calculate the level of theobromine toxicity and notify you if you need to bring your dog into the clinic for emergency treatment.
Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Note: Closed on Statutory Holidays